Health and Wellness
It's a Lifestyle of Choice
Wellness is a term used in the field of alternative medicine to describe one's overall state of being and generally used to mean a balance of the mind-body and spirit that results in an overall feeling of wholeness.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has defined health as "a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the
absence of disease or infirmity".
The quality of life you desire is attainable
Lets take a journey to attaining and maintaining that quality of life you desire where it's meaning is much more than just being disease free.
Some effective strategies we will explore for attaining and staying healthy at an optimum level include the following elements:
- Nutrition: The science that studies how what people eat affects their health and performance.
- Physical Fitness: The performance of movements in order to develop or maintain physical fitness and overall health.
- Hygiene: The practice of keeping the body clean to prevent infection and illness.
- Health Care: The prevention, treatment, and management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical wellbeing.
- Complementary Medicine: Treatments used in addition to conventional therapies prescribed by a physician or sometimes as an alternative view point. These natural therapies are concerned with building and restoring quality of life via prevention and healthy lifestyles and includes; chiropractic, naturopathy, herbs, homeopathy, massage therapy, relaxation techniques, acupuncture, etc.
If you are looking for a highly scientific or technical written medical journal, this site probably isn't for you. We do not have, nor pretend to have all the answers and we definitely are not all knowing (although we have stayed overnight in our local hospital before).
Our mission is to find the latest and most relevant information available, bringing it back here in layman's terms for your consumption and use as you see fit.
Modern medicine has made remarkable strides in the last hundred years in the lives of people and its benefits to mankind are not to be taken lightly. When you combine these medical advances with modern understanding in areas like nutrition, personal fitness, environmental allergens, weight management and other healthy lifestyle choices; you can experience and enjoy health and wellness.
Everyone can live a happy and productive lifestyle
Isn't it about time you started seeking a more fullness of life for yourself and your family? Where fullness means all the parts joined together in the whole.
Together let's look at the different elements in our healthy lifestyle quest.
Health and Wellness is the achievable goal set before us regardless of our current physical, mental or spiritual condition. Stop and take a look at the map and find the right road leading to a healthier and happier life.
Please feel free to browse around the site and visit often, as new information is always being added.
Don't forget to bookmark us--Ctrl Key+D
- The Health and Wellness Blog
- The Health and Wellness Blog keeps you up-to-date with all new additions and changes to the health-wellness-4all.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Nutritional Wellness
- Nutritional wellness or weakness is the direct result of the decisions made in your diet choices which provide the nutrients your body gets to use.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supply nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fatty acids or amino acids that are missing or are not consumed in sufficient quantity in a person's diet.
- Complementary Medicine
- Complementary medicine is treatments used in addition to the conventional therapies prescribed by a physician, whereas; alternative medicine offers a competing (or alternate) viewpoint.
- Herbal Medicine
- Herbal Medicine, sometimes referred to as Herbalism or Botanical Medicine, is the use of herbs for their therapeutic or medicinal value.
- Physical Fitness
- Physical fitness can be looked at in two ways: general fitness (a state of health and well-being) and specific fitness (the ability to perform specific aspects of sports, occupations or simple routine
- Indoor Air Quality
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) deals with the content of interior air that could affect health and comfort of building occupants.
- Healthy Lifestyle
- A healthy lifestyle consists of holding beliefs and engaging in activities that create better health for you in regards to social relations, consumption, entertainment, and other activities or habits.
- Disease is an abnormal condition that impairs bodily functions usually associated with specific symptoms and signs.
- Weight Management
- Simply put, weight management is all about burning more calories than you store, or increasing physical activity while decreasing the number of calories eaten.
- Pain Management
- Pain management can be simple or complex requiring a wide variety of skills or techniques depending on cause and severity.
- Aging in organisms, starting at the cellular level, can be characterized by the declining ability to respond to stress, increasing homeostatic imbalance and increased risk of disease eventually ending
- Body Image
- A person with a positive body image is a person comfortable with his or her size and shape based on his or hers perception of image, not based on external guidelines set up by the current world's requ
- Link Exchange
- We are happy to exchange links with content oriented websites of similar interest which will add information of value to our visitors.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us - Health and Wellness 4All
- Contribute to Wellness
- Would you like to share your knowledge about wellness? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.